Code of Chivalry: modern day chivalry is the act of displaying respect or compassion to an individual to help or better themselves
1.) A man should always treat a woman with respect no matter what action she imposes on a man.
2.) A person should always help another in need if asked
3.) Both men and women should show acts of courtesy in public
I believed my definition of modern day chivalry should be taught in today's society to better educate the people on mutual respect. In our society, it is taught that you don't have to respect someone if they believe the complete opposite of you. This is shown bright in well with our school system where students openly disrespect their classmates and teachers. Many times have I witnessed students yell or scream ant another due to the fact that they don't agree with another on a debate in the classroom. I firmly believe that these three rules should be taught to our younger generations to ensure a more understanding and thoughtful generation.
- creative new points
- used your own def. of chivalry
-try not to use "I believe"
1. you don't love any women who you are embarrassed to be seen with.
2. Every act should be in thought of ones lover.
3. when you see your significant other your heart should beat uncontrollably
If one is ashamed of their significant other then they do not truly love them because otherwise they would admire all their attributes and differences. When making choices and deciding actions your lover should be a thought because when you love someone you want the absolute best for them and your action impact them significantly. Lastly when you see your partner your heart should flutter becasue they should make you feel a way no one else can.
- did not use your own points these are on the original list
- small spelling/grammatical errors
- had valid explanation and reasoning for your points
1.)Honesty between both partners in the relationship. -If there isn't honesty then you can't trust them and the relationship is gonna go downhill from there.
2.)Don't continue on with a relationship if the connection has been lost. -if there was a connection at one point but along the relationship it was lost, it isn't appropriate to lead them on like that.
3.)Enter a relationship with the purpose of loving and not upon the reaction of lust. -Its pointless to date a person if you just want them for a sexual reason and that alone
- did not state whether was courtly love or chivalry
- grammatical errors
paragraph goes at the end summarizing all points
The Art of Courtly Love
1. "No one can be bound by double love."
It is a big deal in society today to not cheat on your significant other.
2. "A true lover does not desire to embrace in love anyone except his beloved."
In today's society, it is a big deal to not focus on anyone else in a romantic way, except one's significant other. It is considered rude and, in more extreme cases, cheating.
3. "It is well known that love is always increasing or decreasing."
Certain things in relationships can cause people to love their significant other more and there are some things that make people realize they don't like their significant other as much as they once thought. Love is ever changing in today's society and that tenant is pretty relevant to today's love.
- you used points from the original list. you listed an explanation for them, which explained why they were modernized, but you could have put them in your own words
- explanation goes at the end
Code of Chivalry:
3) Pursuit of happiness.
All three aspects of my new code have a high relevance and are very important in today's society. First of all, equality is one of the most prominent things in today's society as is is important that every person regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation gets treated equally. The next most important of the code is respect. This goes hand in hand with equality give the fact that every person regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation deserves to be treated with respect. The final element of my code is the pursuit of happiness. As stated in the Declaration of Independence, every person should have this right, as it allows people to live life to the fullest they can.
- these are not exactly "codes" but I believe they still work
- strong reasoning
1. No one can be bound by a double love
2. Real jealousy always increases the feeling of love
3. A lover can never have enough of the solaces of his beloved
Nobody can have two partners because that is not loyal and cheating. You know if you love someone if you get jealous more than you used to and become obsessed with that person. You want to spend as much time with them as you can and they never get old.
- did not state chivalry or courtly love
- used points from original list
- short paragraph response
1. Love should not be compromised by a person outside of the relationship.
2. All acts of chivalry should be out of love for the other person- not for personal gains.
3. Love should be genuine and authentic.
In today's society, the divorce rates are extremely alarming; in fact, more marriages end in divorce than those that last till death. One reason for divorce is affairs which have sadly been normalized due to peer marriages and the media. The second tenet applies to people who are only kind or show affection when he/she wants an object or an action from their spouse for his/her own personal gain. Acts for personal gain are selfish and poorly represent courtly love. This concept goes hand in hand with the last tenet because a spouse who genuinely loves the other will perform chivalrous acts out of love. Love should not be artificial in any manor.
- did not state courtly love or chivalry
- used points in your own words
- strong explanation with good vocab
Rules of Love
1. Be loyal to each other
2. Respect must be a key part of every relationship
3. Love should be between two people who are equally committed
In medieval times love was sacred and something to be treasured. Today love is in some ways similar and other ways not. As my first rule states being loyal in a relationship is timeless. Loyalty has to exit in order to have a functioning relationship, this is because if someone always has to worry about their loved ones interests in other people the relationship will turn sour and cold. My second rule promotes respect. Within a relationship respect is being conscious of each others feelings and emotions, this is important because both people should feel equal in the relationship. My third point states that love should be shared between two people who are equally committed to each other. If one person is not as committed as the other both people can become resentful. Without loyalty, respect, and commitment a relationship is not able to function to its greatest potential.
- followed every guideline
- used your own words to make your own code of love
- strong explanation (length, relevance,)
In Courtly Love these new ideas should be introduced.
1) Love should be shown outside of the home
2) Love is something that ebbs and flows
3) Men should not be the only ones to propose
For many people, love is something that is only ment for the two of you in the relationship but it should also be something that should be able to be shown publicly. Even though many on lookers might not appreciate it, if you as a couple aren't comfertable showing others that you are in love then you shouldn't be in that relationship.
In relathionships, love isn't always easy to meep going in one direction. Love is something that changes in intensity like the tides of the ocean. So in accordance, you shouldn't be worried with the intesity.
- your explanation was really focused around only one of your points.
- several spelling and grammar mistakes
-your explanation was short, mainly because you only supported one of your points
"comfertable" ...lol is that a type of new car? did you mean comfortable?
Courtly love in today's society is a mutual respect between the couple involved in the relationship. The rules should apply to both people in the relationship not based upon the persons gender.
1. In true love you don't lust for anyone else.
2. Jealousy is created when you don't trust your significant other.
3. You must respect your significant other.
The three codes are important to have in a relationship because a relationship can only thrive when someone has respect, trust, and unconditional love for only their partner. Without trust there will always be accusations. From accusations stem arguments and ultimately that can break relationships apart. Unconditional love comes when couples are fully committed into the relationship. As stated in the article "a true lover does not desire to embrace anyone except his beloved" this means the couple must be fully committed to each other. Respect is shown by "never taking against the will of his beloved" this means you should respect your partners wants.
- completed all guidelines
- used your own definition of courtly love
- used points in your own words
- strong supporting explanation
Chivalry is outdated and needs modernized. Modern problems require modern solutions, all things change over time so I believe it should now go both ways. One rule that I believe should be integrated is to serve one another in a respectful way. No one man or woman should be treated unfairly and as a society they should work together and lift each other up as a fellow individual. The second rule I would implement is the care and well being of your fellow men and women, every person should care for each other and protect them if hurt or exposed. The final integration into chivalry would be to assist others that are weak and who cannot help themselves. People who have been knocked down in life deserve help and can't always get back on their feet by themselves.
- you did these assignment as a paragraph form and did not comply with the format
- you do use your own words and have a nice supporting paragraph
- stay away from "I" and "I believe"
1. No one can be bound by a double love.
2. Marriage is no real excuse for not loving.
3. At all times to speak the truth
I don't think anyone can be bounded by a double love. I believe that you should be faithful and loyal to only one partner, and you should receive that in return. If you truly "love" someone you will love that only person and nobody else. If someone else starts to like you partner or take them away from you, you will start to develop jealous feelings. Marriage is a special thing. You are united and bonded to your partner until death departs. In a marriage, you will always be and live with this person. Most relationships where you get married and don't truly love end in a divorce. Marriage is for two people that truly love each other and wish to be with each other for the rest of their lives.
I believe that it is super important to always tell the truth to your partner. If you don't this can lead to bad problems later in the relationship. Always be truthful and loyal.
- which did you choose chivalry or love?
- you used points straight from the list, not new points in your own words
- good supporting paragraph, though
I feel like there are a few tenets for my new code of chivalry. The first one will be to always provide food, water, and shelter to a woman. Another one will be to not say any swear words around a woman. The third one would be that a man mustn't leave a woman, because of a child. These are valuable, because it shows women respect.
- did not follow format
- make points
EX: 1. ,2., 3.
- used "I"
1. A man/woman should expect the same amount of respect and appreciation from their partner that they give.
2. A lover should not hold measure their value according to what they think would please their partner.
3. If a lover dies, there should be no mandated time of widowhood for any surviving partner.
In a relationship, the partners should expect the same amount of respect and appreciation from each other. A relationship is not about one person being at their lover's beck and call. If the partnership is not mutually respected, it does not have good chances at surviving. In "The Art of Courtly Love", number 25 says that a lover should consider "nothing good except what he thinks will please his beloved".
- completed all tasks
- used own words when creating points
- strong/valid explanation
1. A person in love does not desire the attention from anyone but their lover.
2. Good character makes a man desirable
3. It is not wise to date a woman you would not desire to marry
These thing are important today because they defines the rules a person in love should obey and how people should act when they are truly in love. It shows desirable characters of a man that is worthy of love. It also defines that if you are not in love you should not waist your time nor the other persons time by dating them if you do not intend or would be ashamed to marry them.
1. One cannot love with out jealousy but those who are overly jealous do not love but fancy dominance.
2. One who makes their significant other apprehensive does not love them.
3. One does not love if they make promises to the other about the future.
The acts of courtly love have definitely taken a turn as the world modernizes. These three tenets are applicable today through the act of love and how one treats another. In a relationship one will get jealous if they truly love another; those who are overly jealous and like to control others do not love but love being in charge. Controlling a significant other is toxic in a loving relationship. If one loves another one would have more trust instead of acting like a parent. Adding on to the theme of trustworthiness, if a male or female make's their significant other anxious about the future or thought of something bad happening then one does not love the other. In a true relationship a man or woman will be honest from day one of being in love. Lastly, one does not love another if they promise futures. Promising a future to the significant other foreshadows hurt. One cannot tell the future or predict events which only causes pain with these said event cease to exist or backfire. Numerous laws of courtly love center around trust, happiness and love. With out those three ideas an intimate relationship cannot take place.
- used used original points from the paper, but followed them with your own words
- strong supporting paragraph